Elawyers Elawyers
Virginia| Change

Legal advices on Fees

Will my children's father get full custody?
Asked in Ardmore,  OK Jan. 11, 2019 ,  4 Answers

My children's father and I have never been married. He is not on any of the birth certificates for our two children. Our children are ages one and four. He only comes to see the kids when he feels like it. Most of the time he has been drunk. He has told me recently that he is going to take me to cou...

# 1
I am have filed a unpaid wage claim on my former employer and I have a conference to go to at the labor board.
Asked in Sacramento,  CA Dec. 15, 2018 ,  2 Answers

I want to know if there's a certain proper way I need to do this conference with the labor board commissioner office I have proof he did not paying me my overtime he did not giving me meal or rest breaks. How do I do this the right way or is there a right and wrong way to do it?. What usually happen...

# 2
Can i get lifetime medical for bilateral in both kness, bursitis
Asked in Upland,  CA Oct. 19, 2018 ,  3 Answers

sustained acontinuous traurna work-related injury during the course of performing work day for 20 years Qme said i knees to be total replacement surgeries of both knees...

# 3
Post On Jan. 02, 2016

The fundamentals of Mississippi divorce law and procedure. Mississippi's Venue and Residency Requirements In Mississippi, divorces are heard in what is known as Chancery Court, which is a carryover from the English judicial system. Each county in Mississippi has its own Chancery Court and the county...

# 4
I am about to file chapter 13 with no lawyer. Do I have to do the filing in person? or can I send someone else to do it for me?
Asked in Calabasas,  CA Jun. 06, 2015 ,  10 Answers

I am about to file chapter 13 with no lawyer. Di I have to do the filing in person? or can I send someone else to do it for me?...

# 5
Grandparent Visitation in Colorado
Post On Aug. 20, 2014

A guide to the legal requirements for grandparent visitation in Colorado Introduction A grandparent's loving relationship with his or her grandchild can often result in lifelong positive benefits for both the grandparent and the grandchild. However, Colorado law has strict requirements concerning a ...

# 6
I need to relief the automatic stay from a tenant filing bankruptcy Chapter 7.
Asked in Chicago,  IL Jul. 07, 2014 ,  10 Answers

I am a landlord in city of Chicago. I issued a 5-days notice early June, 2014 because the tenant continued to miss payments. She told a week later that she filed a bankruptcy, and claimed that I cannot evict her. It's a lesbian couple with kids, the primary applicants are these two women, only one o...

# 7
Is it possible to defend against an ADA suit ? My small business didn't have a designated parking space.
Asked in Beaumont,  CA Sep. 11, 2013 ,  3 Answers

This is an automotive type shop. There are no designated parking at all. Everyone has equal access, We have a letter praising our help to handicapped customers. The plaintiff never called us or stopped at the shop to ask for any help...Is it best to just try to negotiate? The dollar amount is 4000. ...

# 8
US asylum law for Chinese Nationals by Nicklaus Misiti, Esq.
Post On May 23, 2012

This article discusses general asylum law with a particular focus on some common claims from China. To be granted asylum in the United States the applicant must show they have a “well founded fear of persecution" if returned to their home country. Generally asylum has to be claimed within 1 year of ...

# 9
Regarding boundary tree ownership, how is the trunk of a tree defined legally?
Asked in Mercer Island,  WA Mar. 18, 2012 ,  3 Answers

This question pertains to Washington State. We have an old boundary tree that was obviously planted on our property but whose trunk has grown close to the property line. We had the tree surveyed to establish how far from the property line the tree is and the surveyor placed a pin about 12" above the...

# 10

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.
Ask a Question
Search for lawyers by practice areas.
Find a Lawyer