Elawyers Elawyers
Virginia| Change

Legal advices on Misdemeanor crime

Can I get my CPA with felony convictions?
Asked in Riverside,  CA Dec. 28, 2018 ,  2 Answers

I was convicted of a few felonies over 10 years ago, namely assault and 2 counts of receiving stolen property. They have since been "expunged" but I know I still have to disclose them. Since then I've earned 4 degrees, worked as a controller, started a business, family, etc. Any chance of still obta...

# 1
Can I sell insurance with a traffic misdemeanor?
Asked in Chico,  CA Nov. 01, 2018 ,  3 Answers

I have a court hearing before my state exam with possible reason of a traffic misdemeanor. Can I still be issued an insurance license. Furthermore, id like to add that it is my first offense....

# 2
Five Ways to Beat a DWI Charge
Post On Dec. 29, 2015

In North Carolina it is a crime to drive while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Whether your case is classified as a felony or misdemeanor depends on factors such as the blood alcohol level and past driving record. This guide delves into several ways to defend against a DWI. #1: Failure to t...

# 3
Is an immigration lawyer in addition to a criminal defense lawyer needed ?
Asked in New York,  NY May 14, 2015 ,  12 Answers

My cousin was recently arrested for public lewdness which falls under crimes involving "moral turpitude" according to immigration laws. She is a legal non immigrant alien on a tourist VISA. If convicted, how does this affect her VISA status. This would be her first crime involving moral turpitude ?...

# 4
Oklahoma DUI Basics
Post On Oct. 05, 2014

The Basics of DUI Defense in Oklahoma ... What to expect, and what can be done about it. First, Stop and Do This Now! First, if you or someone you know has been arrested in Oklahoma for DUI or APC, you only have fifteen days from the date of arrest to request an administrative hearing from the Oklah...

# 5
Top Ten Reasons for Getting Your North Carolina Criminal Conviction Expunged
Post On Jul. 25, 2014

Reasons why you need an Expungement of your old North Carolina Convictions 1. Employment & Professional Licensure Employment is probably the most significant area affected by a criminal conviction. Employers often perform criminal background checks on potential employees and are more likely to deny...

# 6
What should I expect with a criminal mischief summons?
Asked in Denver,  CO Oct. 24, 2013 ,  7 Answers

I was just given a compliant for criminal mischief - under $500, for covering up gang graffiti on a phone pole and a dumpster with a magic marker (gangs are ruining my neighborhood and I was trying to cover up their tags). I have no priors and need to go to court in a month, what should I expect? Wi...

# 7
How long does someone have to file charges for damaging someones property in texas?
Asked in Austin,  TX Jul. 26, 2011 ,  4 Answers

my friends son is accused of throwing a lighter at this mans motorcycle and scratching the paint my son said he didnt do it, but the guy said he would press charges if i dont pay him. he hasnt pressed charges yet and this happened four days ago. how long does he have to follow through with it? thank...

# 8
Post On Mar. 27, 2011

FAQ 1 - Should I plead guilty to my traffic ticket? NO. Never plead guilty! I can't begin to tell you how many clients plead guilty to a first speeder and then wind up suspended because they get another one soon after. How your case is handled depends upon WHAT COURT you are to appear before and the...

# 9
40 Ways to Beat a DUI in Washington State
Post On Oct. 05, 2010

If you have been arrested for DUI or DWI, it is obviously cause for concern--but not for despair. By hiring a quality defense lawyer who can protect your rights, there are a host of ways your case may be defendable. That's why it would be a good idea to consider hiring one of America's Top DUI and D...

# 10
Montana traffic Laws
Post On Aug. 16, 2010

This is the first edition of the Guide to Montana Traffic Laws. It is based on the National Motorists Association's Motorist's Guide to State and Provincial Traffic Laws, but tailored to our needs here in Montana. It is the only guide of it's kind available in Montana. It is as accurate as we could ...

# 11
I am been charge with abandonment and child neglect, what is you best advice for me?
Asked in Melbourne,  FL Sep. 01, 2009 ,  1 Answers

I left to work one day and i left my kids home alone thinking babysitter was running late, but she never showed. the point is someone call the police and DCF on me i got arrested got out on a bound, is being over 30 days and they cancel my arraigment day. i don't know what to do i don't know what is...

# 12

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.
Ask a Question
Search for lawyers by practice areas.
Find a Lawyer