Elawyers Elawyers
Virginia| Change

Legal advices on Motions

Foreign Marriage and Texas Divorce
Post On Sep. 04, 2015

My husband and I married each other in Africa. Under the law of the African country where we were married, it is lawful for a man to have more than one wife. Unbeknownst to me at the time we married, my husband was already lawfully married to another woman. . . . 1. As an initial matter, you should ...

# 1
Asked in North Hollywood,  CA May 20, 2015 ,  4 Answers

I have a citation, for which I have already requested and obtained discovery from Highway patrol (its a speeding ticket), I have not been arraigned yet, my arraignment is in July. I am willing to post bail and ask for Trial by Dec Here is my question. When would be the best time for me to file 1385 ...

# 2
Can I successfully stop an ADA settlement In Federal Court between Plaintiff and Owner because it adversely affects my business?
Asked in San Diego,  CA Nov. 19, 2014 ,  1 Answers

ADA lawsuit filed for access violation. Owner and Plaintiff have agreed to cash settlement and a requirement for me, the business owner/operator, to carry two tables up and down stairs daily and set up a bell to ring to serve handicapped patrons. I cannot agree to this because it is dangerous but al...

# 3
How can one defend against a professional plaintiff who sues small markets for minor ADA violations (i.e, 34" wide rows v. 36").
Asked in Manhattan Beach,  CA May 09, 2013 ,  2 Answers

The "law firm" involved has filed thousands of lawsuits on behalf of 3-4 plaintiffs. They travel all over California and target small "mom & pop" stores for minor violations, then demand over $10,000 to settle or face skyrocketing legal fees. There are numerous articles on-line about these unscrupul...

# 4
Should I File My Employment Discrimination Claim with the EEOC or the ERD?
Post On Mar. 13, 2012

A commonly misunderstood and confusing part of employment law litigation for employees who feel they have been discriminated against in Wisconsin is whether to file their claim with the Wisconsin Equal Rights Division (ERD) or the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). While both entities w...

# 5

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.
Ask a Question
Search for lawyers by practice areas.
Find a Lawyer