Elawyers Elawyers
Virginia| Change
Asked on Jun. 18, 2020 ,  1 answers Visitors: 35
What is involved in court ordered reunificatiin

1 Answers


Posted on / Jun. 18, 2020 13:43:33

This is what the California Court system has to say about reunification in Juvenile Dependency Court:

You can find this at this link:


Scroll down the page.

"With certain exceptions, the court must offer you services to help you reunify with your child (get your child returned to your care). The social worker assigned to your case will come up with the reunification services, with your input. The judge will order you to complete all the reunification services. You should immediately begin participating in those services because you have to complete all of the reunification services to get your child back and you have a limited amount of time to do it.

Most of the time, you will have a year to complete your requirements if you keep making progress. But if your child is under three years old, you will have only six months to show that you are committed to finishing up everything.

After the court orders you to participate in reunification services, your next court hearing is not for 6 months. During this six months you should be participating in the reunification services offered to you. If you make progress, your child could be returned to you prior to the next court date. It is important to keep in touch with your attorney and social worker to keep them up to date on your progress toward your reunification goals. If you believe that it is safe for your child to be returned to your home, your attorney can file paperwork asking the court to return your child.

If you do not participate in the services set forth in your reunification plan, the court can terminate your services. If your services are terminated that means that the goal for your case has changed from getting you back together with your child to finding a permanent home (that is not with you) for your child."

You sound like the same person who asked two other similar questions. I hope this is helpful for you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.
Ask a Question

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.
Ask a Question
Search for lawyers by practice areas.
Find a Lawyer