Elawyers Elawyers
Virginia| Change

Legal advices on Tax law

my uncle passed away and left no will my father his older brother gave me his property then 3 months later took it back
Asked on Jun. 20, 2020 ,  1 Answers

he decided to sell said property to my half brother no taxes have been paid I don't even think my father has the title I have lived in my uncles house with my wife for 3 months anyway I can fight this and stay and own my uncles property...

# 1
If judgements don’t say anything about claiming kids for taxes can I claim them every year she is in arrears on support?
Asked on Jun. 20, 2020 ,  1 Answers

Have joint custody with me as custodial parent. Also have a child support judgement. She is in arrears do I have to let her claim a kid for tax purposes? Her child support is only been paid once by her taxes and once by stimulus check. Never by her or her job....

# 2
Can I still claim my stimulus check money if I filed my taxes in 2018 but left the US after that?
Asked in Sunnyvale,  CA Jun. 19, 2020 ,  1 Answers

I reside outside of the U.S. right now, however, my ex-husband (though he is still working on his divorce papers) got the check through our old joint bank account and refuses to send it to me. He explains that since I am not physically in the U.S. he can not send my check to me and he would get in l...

# 3
I am the trustee of a living trust. Can a court take the real property in the trust if I have a judgment against me?
Asked in North Conway,  NH May 02, 2020 ,  2 Answers

I may file bankruptcy. Is the real property in the trust considered my asset? Can it be taken away from me? (I am co-trustee and beneficiary)...

# 4
Law suit or cash payment..HELOC check acceptable?
Asked in Salt Lake City,  UT Apr. 07, 2020 ,  1 Answers

My boyfriend wanted to help me invest my portfolio. I gave him access but with stipulations that we were to talk about each position and I would okay them. I also told him I did not want to lose more than 2500$ of the original 10 k we talked about. He was to always put stops or trailing stops to mak...

# 5
Can the IRS keep my 2019 refund when I'm currently under the automatic stay even though I owe back taxes?
Asked in Round Rock,  TX Apr. 01, 2020 ,  1 Answers

I know it's considered estate money according to the bankruptcy law but unclear about the IRS refund question....

# 6
If you owe taxes will the IRS garnish your Coronavirus Stimulus check?
Asked in Atlanta,  GA Mar. 24, 2020 ,  1 Answers

If a person owes back taxes and has a tax levy with the IRS, will this effect the upcoming coronavirus stimulus checks being sent out to citizens? Trying to determine if people should get their hopes up or be prepared for no assistance....

# 8
Should I file my business taxes as a Partnership or as a Corporation, if i plan to file bankruptcy?
Asked in Knoxville,  TN Mar. 22, 2020 ,  2 Answers

The business is listed as a 2-member LLC. I do not want the other member to be negatively affected by my bankruptcy....

# 9
Are income taxes from about 10 years ago dischargeable through chapter 7 bankruptcy?
Asked in Rosemead,  CA Mar. 21, 2020 ,  5 Answers

My partner never filed the tax return for those years. I believe IRS filed substitute returns and the income taxes owed for each year were assessed a while ago. Do I need to file returns for those years before filing bankruptcy?...

# 10
How will the covid19 relief money for dependents be divided to divorced parents?
Asked in Augusta,  GA Mar. 21, 2020 ,  1 Answers

I am recently divorced. My ex and I split custody equally. Since he has insurance through his job and I dont, we agreed that he will continue to carry the kids and pay for their insurance and in return, he can claim both kids when filing taxes. Now, with talks of relief checks, he thinks he's entitl...

# 11
How far back can IRS use your return to satisfy back taxes?
Asked in Pittsburgh,  PA Mar. 19, 2020 ,  1 Answers

I file a joint return with my wife for our 2019 taxes and expected a refund of around 5500$ but they took all of it to satisfy only her back taxes from 2008 and 2009. I thought there was a statute of limitations or something? This is especially devastating bc of the Covid19 outbreak and the loss of ...

# 12
If a person is employed by a corporation and that person is then released from said corporation unethical
Asked in Bedford,  TX Mar. 14, 2020 ,  2 Answers

I was misinformed about my job duties, requirements, and compensation by my direct supervisor. When I attempted to gain clarity I was informed that I was being released due to the fact that I was on parole. This information was delivered verbally from company supervisor in corporation's reception ar...

# 14
Please see the below for details
Asked in Livingston,  NJ Mar. 13, 2020 ,  3 Answers

Hello, there were recently loans taken out with me as a co-signer listed. My signature was forged by my husband. I do not want to press charges, but is there any legal action I can take against this company since i was never contacted? My credit is now bad because my husband defaulted on payments. S...

# 15
How do you respond to a notice of foreign judgement? It was for taxes 3 years ago and it was discharged in bankruptcy?
Asked in Kansas City,  KS Mar. 01, 2020 ,  1 Answers

The taxing authority is claiming the debt is not dischagrable because they sent you a tax warrant 3 years ago before you actually filed for bankruptcy. Per the bankruptcy laws however that doesn't mean anything....

# 16
I filed Chapter 13 Bankruptcy in August 2019, in Mont, Al. Can I keep my fed tax refund?
Asked in Millbrook,  AL Feb. 29, 2020 ,  1 Answers


# 17
My bankruptcy attorney never told me the trustee could take my tax refund. What recourse do I have for not being told?
Asked in Lehigh Acres,  FL Feb. 27, 2020 ,  1 Answers

I escaped a DV relationship with my 3 young kids. After I left I had to file bankruptcy b/c I wasn’t getting any help from their dad & I was drowning in debt. I make about $27k & I struggle to pay my monthly bills. So 10/2019 I hired an attorney & filed chapter 7. He said “you really don’t have much...

# 18
Dear sir I have submitted gradually a lot of money to my friend account in USA. Now i want to transfer this money to
Asked in Chicago,  IL Feb. 19, 2020 ,  2 Answers

Out of USA.But they say i should pay tax. How can i transfer this money?...

# 19
Can a collection company file Tax form 1099 C on debts they do not have settlement offers or judgements for?
Asked in Hayward,  WI Jan. 28, 2020 ,  2 Answers

A collection company has filed 1099 C or cancellation of debt forms with the IRS on past due debts they claim are mine. They have never taken legal action against me, I talked with them once after statute of limitations expired, I have never acknowledged owing debt, I have never offered any settleme...

# 20

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.
Ask a Question
Search for lawyers by practice areas.
Find a Lawyer